bit (plural bits)
- A piece of metal placed in a horse"s mouth and connected to reins to direct the animal.
- A rotary cutting tool fitted to a drill, used to make holes.
- An eighth of a dollar.
- A quarter is two bits.
- (dated UK) A coin of a specified value.
- threepenny bit
- A small piece of something.
- There were bits of paper all over the floor.
- A portion of something
- I"d like a big bit of cake, please.
- (slang) A prison sentence.
- (computing) The smallest possible amount (quantum) of computer storage or information: a location or object capable of recording a single, binary 1/0 value. Eight bits make a byte which is a singal character.
- (coin): coin, piece
- (small piece): morsel (of food), piece, scrap
- (portion): portion, share, segment
- (horse equipment): snaffle, pelham, kimberwicke
3 letters in word "bit": B I T.
No anagrams for bit found in this word list.
Words found within bit: